Exhibition: "Alternative Futures: contemporary design responses to the 300 year Tango chirimen tradition" at the D-lab Tokyo Gallery
November 06, 2020
KYOTO Design Lab [D-lab] will hold the exhibition "Alternative Futures: contemporary design responses to the 300 year Tango chirimen tradition" curated by Professor Julia Cassim [KYOTO Design Lab] and Associate Professor Kaori Ueda [Kyoto Saga University of Arts], at D-lab Tokyo Gallery.
2020 marks the 300th anniversary of Tango chirimen production. Designers from eight countries in D-lab's international network were asked to reconsider conceptually its structure and surface and propose new and future scenarios through collaboration, materials experimentation and new graphic approaches.
published article on D-lab siteHERE
Alternative Futures: contemporary design responses to the 300 year Tango Chirimen tradition
- Period｜Saturday 31 October - Sunday 27 December 2020
- Venue｜KYOTO Design Lab Tokyo Gallery (3331 Arts Chiyoda) [MAP]
- Admission free
- Organised by KYOTO Design Lab,Kyoto Institute of Technology
- Exhibition Design｜Misato Kanagawa,Aya Takeda,kazuma Hiraoka（Masahiro Kinoshita Laboratory）
- Supported by Organizing committee for the 300th anniversary of TANGO CHIRIMEN Textile / Kyoto Prefectural Institute for Northern Industry