- TOP >
- The Top Global University Project - 2nd Online Symposium. Globalization in Higher Education post COVID-19 Pandemic
The Top Global University Project - 2nd Online Symposium
Globalization in Higher Education post COVID-19 Pandemic
- Date：30 November 2020
- Time：5:30 pm – 8:10 pm (JST)
- Host：Ritsumeikan University
- Co-Host：The University of Tokyo, Keio University
- Registration：Free of charge. Please register by 25 November (JST) from the following registration form.
Based on discussions at previous symposiums and the premise that internationalization of universities will enter a new stage, we explore the direction we should be aiming for to utilise the strengths of Japanese universities and compare this to examples from around the world.
By introducing what the "new normal" is in higher education and case studies of national, public and private universities, we will draw a vision of the future internationalization of Japanese universities.
The symposium will be held online via Zoom.
Conducted in Japanese for the most part, with Japanese-English simultaneous interpretation provided and presentation materials translated to English.
■Program: (Total 160 mins including 10 mins break)
Prof. Ryuzo Ueno, Trustee / Vice President, Ritsumeikan University
- 1. Opening Remarks (5mins)
Dr. Yoshio Nakatani, President, Ritsumeikan University
- 2. Greetings and Explanation of Policies (15mins)
Mr. Kuniaki Sato, Chief Director for University Reform and Director, Office for International Planning, Higher Education Bureau, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan
・Updates on the Education Rebuilding Implementation Council
・Survey result (2nd) report for the Top Global Universities
- 3. Summary on the previous symposium (5mins)
Prof. Shinnosuke Obi, Vice-President for International Collaboration, Keio University
- 4. Presentation by guest speakers (20mins/session x3)
Case Study 1: (National University) Hiroshima University
Dr. Satoshi Watanabe, Executive Vice President for Global Strategy
Case Study 2: (Public University) Akita International University
Dr. Yoshitaka Kumagai, Trustee/Vice President
Case Study 3: (Private University) Ritsumeikan University
Prof. Ritsuko Kawamura, Trustee and Dean of the College of International Relations
- 5. Introducing Digital Credentials to Japanese Universities (tentative) (10mins)
Prof. Shingo Ashizawa, Professor, Faculty of Global and Regional Studies, Toyo University
Mr. Koichi Nakasaki, Chief Research Officer, Institute for Future Engineering
- – 10 mins break –
- 6. Comment on above presentations and views on future direction of Internationalization of HE (20mins)
Prof. Simon Marginson, Professor of Higher Education, Department of Education and Linacre College, University of Oxford
- 7．Panel discussion: Internationalization of HE post covid-19 (30 mins.)
Panellists: Guest speakers from 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8
- 8．Closing (5 mins.)
Prof. Naoto Sekimura, Vice President, The University of Tokyo