NUT held first GIGAKU Advisory Board
October 18, 2018
Nagaoka University of Technology(NUT)held GIGAKU Advisory Board on 5th October(Fri),2018.NUT established this board for the purpose of supervision,consultation and evaluation concerning the implementation of the Top Global University Project"The Education Program for Innovative Global Engineers~Toward development of an integrated global campus with collaboration between industry,academia and government~".In the plan of this project,we received expectation of an effort to promote the participation of foreigners in university management.
Nine external members from seven countries who have high insight on international collaboration and industry-academia-government collaboration attended the first meeting of the board,and discussed the strategies of the project.They are international business experienced managers,presidents of overseas collaborative universities,senior officer of foreign embassy and have excellent knowledge.It was the first attempt at NUT to conduct a conference on university management strategy so all materials and conference languages were in English.
Following the opening remarks by President Dr.Azuma and explanation on project progress by Vice-president Dr.Mikami and others,board members exchanged opinions.In particular,board members actively discussed the unique value of the NUT's project,measures to secure operational funds through self-funded resources for sustainable management of the project,strengthening cooperation with companies and expectations for development of engineering education based on SDGs.
We will accelerate the internationalization of university management based on valuable comments of external board members.By reflecting these comments in the business operation,we will further promote the realization of"The university leading the Innovative Global Engineering Education with a strong network among world-leading strategic regions in the next-generation"listed in the project concept.
○External member of the GIGAKU Advisory Board
- Dr.Luis Felipe Guerrero Agripino:Rector General,Universidad de Guanajuato(Absent this year)
- Mr.Minoru Amoh:President,Office Amoh
- Dr.Ochirbat Baatar:President,Mongolian University of Science and Technology
- Dr.Bundhit Eua-arporn:President,Chulalongkorn University(Absent this year)
- Dr.Carlos Garcia:Director of MGEP/General Manager,Faculty of Engineering,Mondragon University
- Dr.Rajappa Gnanamoorthy:Professor,Department of Mechanical Engineering,Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Mr.Toshiaki Ichihashi:Senior Managing Officer,NIPPON SEIKI Co.,LTD.
- Dr.Sergio Inclán:Minister,Embassy of Mexico in Japan/Representative in Japan,Ministry of Economy of Mexico & Mexico-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement
- Dr.Ahmad Fauzi Mohd Noor:Professoer,School of Materials & Mineral Resources Engineering,Universiti Sains Malaysia(Absent this year)
- Dr.Sampan Silapanad:Vice President & General Manager,Western Digital(Thailand)Co.,Ltd./Co-Chair,WACE(the World Association for Cooperative & Work-Integrated Education)Board of Directors
- Dr.Hoang Minh Son:President,Hanoi University of Science and Technology
- Mr.Shinichi Watanabe:Special Adviser for Management Strategy,JEOL Ltd.
○Internal member of the GIGAKU Advisory Board
- Dr.Nobuhiko Azuma:President,NUT
- Dr.Shigeharu Kamado:Executive Director and Vice President,NUT
- Dr.Yoshiki Mikami:Executive Director and Vice President,NUT
- Mr.Kazuo Akiyama:Executive Director and Director of Administration,NUT
- Dr.Kazunori Sato:Vice President,NUT
- Dr.Koichi Takimoto:Presidential Aide,NUT
- Dr.Takaomi Kobayashi:Professor,NUT