Nagaoka Summer School for Young Engineers (NASSYE) was held
September 18, 2019
Nagaoka Summer School for Young Engineers (NASSYE) was held from August 19 to 30, 2019 and it was just finished successfully.
Nagaoka University of Technology holds this program every summer and it is open for the overseas students who are in their third year of university undergraduate programs. The purpose of this program is to introduce NUT to the students in all over the world by offering the opportunity to participate in research at the laboratories and experience life in Japan.
This year we welcomed 23 students from 17 universities and 12 different countries as follows.
- Mechanical Engineering laboratories: 3 students (India: 1, Thai: 1 , Nepal: 1）
- Electrical, Electronics and Information Engineering laboratories: 5 students (Malaysia : 2, Thai: 1, Vietnam: 1, South Korea: 1)
- Material Science and Technology laboratory: 1 student (Malaysia: 1)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering laboratory: 2 students (Uzbekistan: 1, Russia: 1)
- Bioengineering laboratory: 2 students (Malaysia: 1, Thai: 1)
- Information and Management Systems Engineering laboratory: 4 students (Uzbekistan: 1, Sri Lanka: 1, Vietnam: 1, Thai: 1)
- Science of Technology Innovation laboratories: 6 students (Malaysia: 1, Indonesia: 1, Vietnam: 1, Thai: 1, China: 1, Turkey: 1)
During lab activities, participants worked on experiments, lectures and projects. They improved the knowledge of their interest fields as well as they built good relationship with NUT students thorough this program. As an introducing Japanese technology and local history, we held company tour and short-trip to Yahiko Shrine. Also at the last event of this program as a cultural exchange, participants enjoyed Shodo (Calligraphy). Most of the participants never experienced Shodo before but they made wonderful Shodo works and enjoyed very much. We hope they will come back to NUT in the future.