Top Global University Project External Evaluation Committee and Management Meeting were held.
March 13, 2020
Top Global University Project (TGUP) External Evaluation Committee and Management Meeting were held on Friday, January 31. 10 external members from 6 countries were invited to the each meeting of the board. The members are composed with: international business experienced managers, presidents of overseas collaborative universities, and representatives who have high insight on international collaboration and industry-academia-government collaboration.
TGUP External Evaluation Committee was held for the purpose of supervision, consultation and evaluation in relation to the implementation of the Top Global University Project "The Education Program for Innovative Global Engineers ~ Toward development of an integrated global campus with collaboration between industry, academia and government~". Dr. Azuma (President of NUT) gave an opening remarks first, then Dr. Ohishi (Executive Director and Vice-President of NUT) and other members explained about the progress of the project. Afterwards, the opinion exchange session was held, and the board members actively discussed the unique value of the NUT's project, strengthening cooperation with companies and government, expectations for development of engineering education.
TGUP Management Meeting was held to discuss and evaluate measures for the sustainability and development of the project focusing on the financial and management aspects. First, an opening remarks was delivered by Dr.Azuma, then Dr. Ohishi explained about the progress of international projects and the financial balance of NUT. In the Q&A session, participants mainly asked questions and suggestions regarding the acquisition of funds for sustainable management of the project after the completion of the subsidy from Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
We will accelerate the internationalization of university management utilizing the valuable advices given by the external board members. By reflecting these advices in the business operation, we will further strive to approach our mission "The University leading the Innovative Global Engineering Education with a strong network among world leading strategic regions in the next generation" listed in the project concept.
[Outside of university committee members]
- Mr. Minoru Amoh, President of Office Amoh
- Dr. Ochirbat Baatar, President of Mongolian University of Science and Technology
- Dr. Rajappa Gnanamoorthy, Professor of Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Dr. Modesto Mateos Heis, Internal Mobility Coordinator of Mondragon University
- Mr. Yuji Hirano, Senior Adviser of TOKYO PORT TERMINAL CO., LTD.
- Dr. Galbadrakh Janchiv, President of the New Mongol Academy
- Mr. Tetsuhiko Koide, Representive Director and Chairman of THE TAIKO BANK, LTD.
- Dr. Ibon Oleagordia Ruiz, Lecturer of University of Deusto
- Dr. Sampan Silapanad, Vice President & General Manager of Western Digital (Thailand), Ltd.
- Dr. Huynh Quyet Thang, Vice President of Hanoi University of Science and Technology
[Nagaoka University of Technology committee members]
- Dr. Nobuhiko Azuma, President
- Dr. Kiyoshi Ohishi, Executive Director and Vice-President
- Mr. Kazuo Akiyama, Executive Director and Director of Administration
- Dr. Yasuhiro Wada, Vice-President
- Dr. Takashi Yukawa, Vice-President
- Dr. Koichi Takimoto, Presidential Aide
- Dr. Takaomi Kobayashi, Professor
- Dr. Yoshiki Mikami, Specially Appointed Professor
Dr. Nobuhiko Azuma
Dr. Kiyoshi Ohishi
Scene of the venue（１）
Scene of the venue（２）
Scene of the venue（３）
Scene of the venue（４）