Dec 02, 2019
Ritsumeikan University Art Research Center Selected for International Joint Usage / Research Center Program
Oct 21, 2019
Symposium on State Building Efforts in Afghanistan Toward its Enduring Peace: Nexus among Humanitarian, Development and Peace
Sep 24, 2019
(Advanced Booking Required) Dr. Denis Mukwege, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize for 2018
Human Development to Collaborate Across Cultures
and Contribute Globally to Asian Communities
Ritsumeikan University, amid rapid globalization, aims to solve various issues in Asia and nurture human resources who can contribute globally and sustainably to Asian communities.
Strategies for Internationalization
− Three Beyond Borders −
We will enhance quality of education and research and international competitiveness by promoting “Three Beyond Boarders”.
Education and Learning
- Creation of Double Undergraduate Degree Program with the Australian National University
- Creation of Joint Undergraduate Degree Program with American University
- Expansion of multi-cultural projects by both Japanese and international students, increase of the subjects and courses taught in English, and enhancement of Japanese language education for international students
- Offering and promoting international matches and tournaments
- Global interaction through academic, art and culture, and sports activities
- Global Human Development Programs that enable students to improve attributes and skills required in global society by learning in a multinational team
Research and Faculty
- Globalization of research based on research institutions and centers such as the Ritsumeikan Asia- Japan Research Center and industry-academia-government collaboration
- Increase in the number of international faculty, and Japanese faculty that hold a degree from abroad
- Establishment of the Global Asia Village
Target for Year 2023
These key numbers below show Ritsumeikan in 2023.
We will increase the number of full-time international faculty, and Japanese faculty who hold a degree from abroad from 363※ to 630.
We will offer various study abroad programs in order to increase the number of students who study abroad from 1,555※ to 3,200.
We will increase the number of overseas offices from 3※ to 7, and expand our global network.
We will increase the number of international students from 2,242※ to 4,500 annually, and enhance international exchange on the campuses.
We will offer more than 100 international internships and PBL programs. ※PBL (Problem Based Learning, Project Based Learning)
We will increase the number of Japanese and international students who live in the international dormitories from※ 15 to 200, and from 160※ to 1,100 respectively.
We will enhance Global Club Activities and increase the number of organizations from 16※ to 30.
We will increase the number of students who participate in international programs from 699※ to 1,800.
※As of AY 2013